Since Daniel Hess invented the first vacuum cleaner in 1860, modern janitorial services have continued to be updated and improved. Today, it is a multi-billion dollar industry, and keeps business going throughout the world.
If you are still on the fence, and are wondering if hiring a cleaning service is right for you and your business, then read on. This article shows you why office janitorial services are important, and how they can benefit your business.
- Saves you time: Every one of us has the same number of days in a week, hours in a day and minutes in an hour. The difference is how we choose to use this time. As a business owner, or even as an employee, your time is best spent developing your business and chasing future work – and not by tidying up your desk or cleaning out the break room refrigerator once a week. Having someone else do it (and thoroughly) keeps you busy with the right work.
- Saves you money: Chances are a janitorial company will have cheaper hourly rates than you do. They will also be significantly quicker at cleaning, as they know how to streamline the process. These two things save you and your business money.
- Reduces maintenance and pest control costs: If your office furniture and equipment is regularly cleaned by a professional, you reduce the risk of mold and mildew forming, which in turn reduces the risk of your office falling into disrepair. Preventive measures are always better! Additionally, you will be spending less on pest control (or preventing it all together) as your office is always clean.
- Safety: Office janitorial services personnel are trained to deal with a variety of cleaning products, some of which can be hazardous if used in the wrong way. By outsourcing this service you are minimizing the risk to your health, and that of your employees, as well as the health of the environment.
- Tailored service: A janitorial service can be tailored to fit your business. What you want cleaned, how often you need the services, and even what products are used are all customized to your business. This results in the most cost-effective and efficient service possible.
- Cleaning after hours: Most cleaning services operate after hours. This means that they won’t have any impact on your business operations or business meetings, which is definitely an advantage if having clients to your office is a large part of your business.
If you have been on the fence when it comes to using office janitorial services, then now is the time to act! There are way too many time- and cost-saving benefits for your business. In addition, you don’t want to until you actually have a pest or mildew problem. Now is the time to search for cleaning companies